• The Woman’s Club of Easley meets at 3:15 p.m. in Hampton Memorial Library’s conference room. Marcia Humbert and Cyndi McMillen are hostesses. Rep. Neal Collins is the guest speaker. Members are asked to bring clean empty prescription bottles for a club project.
• George F. Will, one of America’s foremost political thought leaders and a Pulitzer Prize winner, speaks at 4:30 p.m. at Clemson University’s Tillman Hall on “America’s Great Debate: James Madison vs. Woodrow Wilson” as part of the Clemson Institute for the Study of Capitalism’s John W. Pope Lecture Series. The event is open to the public.
• Shelby Henderson of Above the Line Talent leads a five-week class on Auditioning for the Camera for children in grades 3-8. Classes are held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays from Nov. 5 through Dec. 10 at the Fine Arts Center of Easley in West End Hall. The cost is $99. Call 864-442-6027 to register.
• Easley Christian School, 461 Saco Lowell Road in Easley, hosts its Fall Festival from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Game booths, bounce house, laser tag, face painting, a maze, cake walk, hayride and more will be featured. Each class is preparing a special themed basket for a silent auction.
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the City of Pickens Recreation Department, 545 Sangamo Road in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating youth on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and drug exposure and use. Contact Cathy Breazeale at 864-898-5800 or visit www.steppinituppickens.org for more information.
• The Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at the Foothills Retirement Community, 205 Bud Nalley Drive in Easley. The social begins at 10 a.m. Judy Seeley is the speaker. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• A Veterans Day program is held at 11 a.m. at Robinson Memorial Gardens on Powdersville Road.
• A benefit for Gail Black is held at the Dacusville Lions Club, 84 Thomas Mill Road in Easley from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the S.C. Commission for the Blind and Industries for the Blind. Contact Shelley McDonald at 864-423-0247 for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to email@example.com or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
“Writing My Story,” a memoir writing class, is held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 14 at Anastos Farm near Travelers Rest. Space is limited. The cost is $20 and includes lunch. The reservation deadline is Nov. 11. Call Sara DeLuca at 770-631-0668 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dianne Anastos at 864-836-3860 or email her at email@example.com to make a reservation.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.