Easley man charged in March shooting incident

Staff Report


EASLEY — A man who was shot during an apparent domestic altercation in March has been charged with kidnapping, burglary and criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature after the investigation showed he was shot after he wouldn’t release his estranged wife.

Clayton Ashley Anderson, address listed on warrants as 105 Crestview Road in Easley, was released from the Pickens County Detention Center on May 27 on a $25,000 personal recognizance bond pursuant to the mandated conditions of GPS monitoring, home incarceration and the condition that he has no contact with the victim.

Anderson, who has been recovering from his gunshot wound, turned himself in at the Law Enforcement Center on May 27.

The investigation revealed that 31-year-old Brandi Anderson was in the process of relocating to 524 Pope Field Road and was moving into the residence on March 1. Brandi Anderson and Clayton Anderson had been separated since late 2015.

Two of Brandi Anderson’s friend were helping her when Clayton Anderson arrived without warning, entered the home without consent and refused to leave the home after being asked multiple times. A verbal confrontation erupted between the Andersons and was witnessed by the two friends.

According to reports, Clayton Anderson physically grabbed his wife and held her around the neck and throat while threatening to kill her and her friends. One friend called 911 and the other friend retrieved a handgun from a vehicle parked in the driveway.

Clayton Anderson was shot once in the upper torso with the handgun by one of the friends after repeated pleas for him to release Brandi Anderson from the chokehold were met with additional threats to kill her.

Sheriff’s detectives have confirmed that Anderson has never lived at the location and has a history of domestic violence where Brandi Anderson was the victim.

Court records confirm that Clayton Anderson was issued an Order of Protection against domestic abuse toward Brandi Anderson in 2011 by the Family Court pursuant to reports of domestic abuse.

In August of the same year, Anderson was found in contempt by the Family Court for an incident where he had broken into a home and assaulted her. He was subsequently sentenced to six months in jail for violating the order.


Staff Report


2:49 pm
Updated: 2:52 pm. |    
We dodged a bullet with Glassy Mountain
11:09 am
Updated: 11:15 am. |    
One of many: A Dreamer’s story
comments powered by Disqus