• The Liberty Book Club meets at 11 a.m. at the Sarlin Branch Library in Liberty. New members are always welcome. The group will discuss Jenny Sanford’s memoir, Staying True.
• The Central-Clemson Regional Branch Library invites teens to make foil relief crafts at 3:30 p.m. The program is free.
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Media Center at Daniel High School, 140 Blue and Gold Boulevard in Central. Contact Cathy Breazeale at 864-898-5800 for more information.
• Family Promise of Pickens County holds its second Cardboard Box City at Gateway Park, 340 Old Greenville Highway, in Clemson to help raise awareness of homelessness in Pickens County. Boxes will rent for $500 each. Contact event leader Bob Fennell at email@example.com or call 864-643-7291 for more information.
• The fifth annual Keowee Charity Golf Classic is held at the Pickens Country Club. Check in is at 7 a.m. Proceeds benefit The Parenting Place. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• The 38th annual Pumpkin Festival is held at the Oolenoy Community Building in Pumpkintown. Festivities begin at 9 a.m. with the parade. Call Buddy Cox at 864-878-2045 for more information about being a vendor, being in the parade or volunteering.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 20 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. Visitors are welcome. Edie Melson is the guest.
• On Golden Pond is presented at the Walhalla Civic Auditorium Aug. 19 through Aug. 21 and Aug. 26 through Aug. 28. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday shows are at 2:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $14 for adults, $6 for children and $12 for members of groups. Tickets the day of the show are $16. Call 864-638-5277 or visit www.walhallacivic.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.