• The annual blood drive in honor of Capt. Kimberly Hampton is held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. All donors get a free T-shirt. Call the library at 864-850-7077 for more information.
• Hagood Mill, 138 Hagood Mill Road in Pickens, hosts the Rolling Waterwheel Gospel Review from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Music in the Mountains 2015. Performers will include Lib Porter, Heartstring, Last Road, and Roosevelt Baker and the Gospel True Tones. Admission is free. Parking is $5. Event held rain or shine. Call 864-898-2936 or visit www.visitpickenscounty.com/calendar for more information.
• Splitshot performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 114 W. Main St. in Pickens as part of Music on Main. Admission is free. Visit www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• American Heritage Girls meets from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at East Pickens Baptist Church. The program is for girls ages 5 to 18. Visit www.americanheritagegirl.wix.com/ahg2014 for more information.
• Walk for Life is held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rock Springs Track in Easley. The registration fee is $10. A T-shirt and water will be provided. All proceeds will go to the Hope Women’s Center. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. Call 864-855-8500 or visit http://yourservant.com/hope/events.htm.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail. The cost per rider is $40 or $35 if registered by Sept. 14. Visit www.PickensRotary.org/RidetoRock for more information and Go-GreenEvents.com/RideToRock to register.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
Outside Pickens County
The Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, hosts Second Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 14. Fiber artist Kim Harper is the featured presenter for the month. Call 864-221-0219 or visit artgalleryps.org for more information.
Anderson County Solid Waste holds a Shred Day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Civic Center of Anderson. Residents can bring up to five boxes or bags of material for shredding. Residents can also bring items for a Back to School Supply Drive for area schools.
The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 22 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. The free class will be followed by a manuscript critique session. Linda Gilden will be the speaker. Email Elva Cobb Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 864-226-7024 for more information.
The Anderson Academy of Music holds an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 23 at 512 N. Murray Ave. next to the Electric City Playhouse. Teachers and members of the board will provide information and register students for Academy programs.Visit andersonacademyofmusic.org or call 617-4101 for more information.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, holds Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for information.
The World of Energy, 7812 Rochester Highway in Seneca, in conjunction with the Keep Oconee Beautiful Association, hosts artwork by Oconee County photographers through Aug. 31. KOBA holds a photo competition each year. Visit www.kobasc.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.