• The Pickens County Library board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. in the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The meeting is open to the public.
• A blood drive is held from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Six Mile Community Town Hall. All donors will receive free Duke sandwiches and TBC rewards.
• The Fine Arts Center of Easley, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley, holds a five-week film and television acting class for children in grades 3 to 8 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays. Tuition is $99. Fifteen spots are available.
• Clemson Extension hosts an Extension Field Day from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Clemson University Simpson Experiment Station, 2013 Lebanon Road in Pendleton. Lunch will be provided. Contact Matthew Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• YAMS performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 114 W. Main St. in Pickens as part of Music on Main. Admission is free. Visit www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Clemson Area StoryTellers (CAST) Guild holds its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at The Arts Center, 212 Butler St. in Clemson. Visit www.explorearts.org, call 864-855-6396 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• Family Promise of Pickens County, 111 Hillcrest Drive in Easley, hosts a one-year Milestone Anniversary from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail. The cost per rider is $40 or $35 if registered by Sept. 14. Visit www.PickensRotary.org/RidetoRock for more information and Go-GreenEvents.com/RideToRock to register.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• MOPS meets at 9:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 9813 Anderson Road in Piedmont. Meetings include brunch, special speakers, group time and more. A nursery is provided.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
Outside Pickens County
Anderson County Solid Waste holds a Shred Day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Civic Center of Anderson. Residents can bring up to five boxes or bags of material for shredding. Residents can also bring items for a Back to School Supply Drive for area schools.
The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 22 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. Email Elva Cobb Martin at email@example.com or call her at 864-226-7024 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.