• Family Promise of Pickens County, 111 Hillcrest Drive in Easley, hosts a one-year Milestone Anniversary from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail. The cost per rider is $40 or $35 if registered by Sept. 14. Visit www.PickensRotary.org/RidetoRock for more information and Go-GreenEvents.com/RideToRock to register.
• Walk for Life is held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rock Springs Track in Easley. The registration fee is $10. A T-shirt and water will be provided. All proceeds will go to the Hope Women’s Center. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. Call 864-855-8500 or visit http://yourservant.com/hope/events.htm.
• The Founders Day Music Festival is held from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater. Visit www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Duckett-Robinson Funeral Home, 108 Cross Creek Road in Central, holds a free grief support group for adults for eight Monday nights beginning Sept. 14. Meetings are at 7 p.m. The group leader will be Dr. Roger Lovette. Call 864-639-2411 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers birth-K4) meets at 9:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 9813 Anderson Road in Piedmont. Meetings include brunch, special speakers, group time and more. A nursery is provided.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
Outside Pickens County
Going to the Dogs lunch fundraiser is held from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Aug. 29 at Roberts Presbyterian Church, 2716 S.C. 187 South in Anderson, in the Fellowship Hall. Adult plates will be $6 for one hot dog and $7 for two, while children under 6 can eat for $3. T-shirts will be available and locations for future dog parks will be discussed. Call 864-225-9950 for more information.
The World of Energy, 7812 Rochester Highway in Seneca, in conjunction with the Keep Oconee Beautiful Association, hosts artwork by Oconee County photographers through Aug. 31. KOBA holds a photo competition each year. Visit www.kobasc.com for more information.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office hosts its fifth Coffee with a Cop at 8 a.m. Sept. 10 at Seneca Family Restaurant on S.C. 123 Bypass in Seneca. Members of the community are encouraged to come spend time with members of the OCSO and discuss community issues.
The 11th annual S.C. Apple Festival Car Show is held Sept. 12 iin Westminister beside Hardee’s on East Main Street. Registration is from 9 a.m. to noon. Judging will be at noon and prizes awarded at 1 p.m. The registration fee is $15 and vendor spaces are available for $15. Call Larry Dellinger at 864-647-5487 for more information. Proceeds will benefit Crime Stoppers of Oconee County.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.