EASLEY – Golf teams teed off Oct. 2 at Smithfields Country Club for Southern Wesleyan University’s annual P. B. Wood Golf Tournament, sponsored by First Citizens Bank.
The winning teams are as follows:
• First Place: Rev. Pete Wood, Dan Wood, Rev. Tom Harding, and Brian Stewart – winning 2017 JPX 900 irons.
• Second-place: Larry Looper, John Guthrie, Michael Jordan and Turtle Hyatt – winning 2017 Mizuno JPX Easy Drivers.
• Third-Place: Marty Atcheson, John Atcheson, Joe Atcheson and Josh Howard – winning 2017 Mizuno S5 sand wedges.
• Closest to the Pin: Turtle Hiott
• Putting Contest: Team Absolute Technologies – Allen Watson, Mike Preusz, Jamie Jenkins and Tony Troiano
“The funds raised from the P.B. Wood Golf Tournament provide student scholarship assistance and uplifts the areas of greatest need for Southern Wesleyan University,” said Dr. Lisa McWherter, vice president for advancement.
This year’s tournament raised approximately $26,000, according to Tony Payne, associate vice president for development.
Southern Wesleyan University is pleased to partner with these sponsors whose generosity made this event possible. The title sponsor for the P.B. Wood Golf Tournament was First Citizens Bank; event sponsor was Johnny Ross Insurance Agency, LLC; platinum sponsors were Absolute Technologies and Miller HVAC Service; and gold sponsors were Huffman and Associates/Benefit Controls of South Carolina and J. Davis Construction. Southern Wesleyan thanks the donors for their support and the players for their support and participation.
Special thanks also to the Parkette for providing a delicious BBQ lunch.
For details about The Promise Fund, contact Tony Payne in Southern Wesleyan’s Office of Advancement at (864) 644-5014 or 1-800-282-8798, ext. 5014 or e-mail email@example.com.