Sentinel Progress

Man arrested for string of auto break-ins

PICKENS COUNTY — An investigation into a string of auto break-ins has come to a close with the arrest of 37-year-old Luke Elliot Lister of Pickens.

According to the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office, Lister has been charged with eight counts of Auto Breaking, six counts of Petit Larcent-Enhanced and Unlawful Possession of a Handgun.

He is being held on a $105,000 bond stemming from the multiple charges.

PCSO Chief Deputy Creed Hashe stated in a release all of the vehicles robbed by Lister were unlocked. The thefts all took place on Powder Mill Road and Smith Memorial Highway on Nov. 21.

Hashe said the cars were broken into while their owners were asleep during the night.

“Sheriff’s detectives immediately identified a pattern in that the vehicles had been left unlocked by the owners creating targets of opportunity,” he stated. “Money, clothes, tools and a handgun were reported stolen from the vehicles.”

In two of the cases, the vehicles were ransacked, but nothing was stolen, the release said. In one instance, a loose change and a meat smoker was taken.

PCSO officials have stated there could be more charges forthcoming against Lister.

He is currently in custody at the Pickens County Detention Center.

Luke Elliot Lister
https://www.sentinelprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/web1_Luke.jpgLuke Elliot Lister Courtesy photo

By Kasie Strickland

kstrickland@championcarolinas.com

Reach Kasie Strickland at 864-855-0355.